Thanks to some inspiration from my sister Mandy, I have decide that I want to run the 4th of July 5K marthon in Provo next summer. I have always wanted to run a mathron. I was told as a teenager that I couldn't run because of my knee and I used that excuse for too long. I am excited about going running. I know 5K doesn't sound like much to a lot of people. But I am overweight and completely out of shape this is a huge goal for me!!
Last night I went for my first "run" since High School. Oh my gosh!! It is really a good thing I am giving myself a year to complete this goal. I "ran" a block... Not around the block...1 block. Then I walked 1 more block and walked the 2 blocks home.
Tomorrow I will try again!! Hopefully it won't take long before I will be able to run "around the block".
Body Painting
16 years ago

3 comments:
Good luck! You can do anything!
Just take it slow, start by power walking a mile or two a day, just for a couple of weeks than move up to running.. it took me a year to be able to run three miles without stopping. anyways good luck and don't give up! i know you can do it!
Amy!! Its so good to see you have blog! This is a great goal and I know you will accomplish exactly what you want to.
Post a Comment