Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week in Review

Monday was mine and Ryan's 7th anniversary. Whoo Hoo!! We made it 7 years. It amazing how fast it has gone. We were able to celebrate by going to dinner. It was great to finally be able to go out on a date. It been too long since we have gone anywhere without our kids.

Wednesday Megan and Lindsey was playing outside in the leaves. I was kitchen and had the kitchen windows open so I could hear them. It wasn't long before I heard a horrible "THUD", followed by Lindsey screaming. I ran outside to see Lindsey had blood running down her face. She had fallen off our back porch. Once I got her cleaned up it wasn't as bad as it first looked. She does have a good scrap on her head. Ryan thinks I am a little morbid that 1 I took pictures after I got her cleaned up and bathed. 2 because I'm posting the pictures for everyone to see.

Thursday I went to a gastroenterologist (I'm not sure I spelled that right.) about the pain in my stomach. He is the same doctor that did my scope. After reviewing all my lab work, CT scans and talking to me, he says he is about 70% sure that I have a stone that got left behind when they took out my gallbladder. Other possibilities is I have scar tissue from the gallbladder surgery that has become inflamed (There is nothing they can do about that, except medication.) or I have an infection in the area where my gallbladder used to be. He did reassure me that I don't have cancer!! Yeah!! And my gallbladder didn't grow back. I have to have a MRI done on Wednesday to look for any stones.

Friday while I was doing laundry Megan put Lindsey into one of my clothes hampers. I didn't realize Lindsey was in the hamper until I noticed the her hand opening up the lid. I thought I was funny that I had to grab the camera.


Today, Sunday was bitter-sweet. I have been the Primary Secretary for 2 years and today our presidency was released. Part of me was so happy. It was very stressful trying to do my calling while I have been sick and the president has been doing a lot of my work. I will miss the children as well as the presidency I was in.
It was also our wards primary program. Since I was in the Presidency I sat on the front pew so I could help the music leader. Megan did an awesome job with her part. I was very proud of her. She was on the front row and was setting by one of her friends. About half way into Sacrament meeting they started talking. Most of the ward thought they were funny when they started comparing their height. Lindsey was a normal 2 year old and reminded me why I always set in a side pew. Our Home teacher and his family where setting near us, they have a little girl about Lindsey's age. I saw Lindsey walk over and hand the little girl a pencil, I watched as her parents cracked up laughing. Lindsey comes back over to me as happy as pie carrying a baggie of Cheerios. She had traded her pencil for Cheerios. It took all I had to not laugh out loud.

No comments: